WHO WE ARE
We are Skins & Needles.
Linthorpe Evolution Ltd Company number 10744889
Registered Address; 170-172 Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough, England, TS1 4AG
Our website address is: www.skinsnneedles.co.uk and www.skinsandneedlesapparel.co.uk
When you shop online at Skins & Needles Apparel, we collect your information. It happens everywhere online, but we don’t want to send you things you won’t be interested in. It’s not good for you or for us. We want to know what you actually want to see, so we collect this information to try and understand you better. It means we won’t send you anything irrelevant, and if there is a problem with your order, we can deal with it quickly.
We want to be transparent about the information we store. We believe it’s best to be honest. Always. If you still have any questions for us, just get in touch: email@example.com
HOW WE GET TO KNOW YOU
The products that you choose all tell stories. All these stories help us get to know you better, and occasionally we might use information from third parties who you have also shopped with. This is all so we can better understand what you like and what you like to do, so that we’re only showing you the most relevant products.
INFORMATION THAT WE NEED
We’ll need your name and address. Our customers are part of our community, more than names on a sheet. We also use these to verify your payments, to make sure everything is above board.
Your email is another thing. We’ll use this to send you confirmation of your orders, along with any news we feel you’d enjoy. Not seeing anything useful? You can always unsubscribe by clicking the link in the email or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll also need your payment card details. We’ll ask for them when you place an order, and we’ll also need to know that you’re over 18. That’s when you’re legally allowed to enter into a contract with us and buy our products with your own money.
Not everything we ask for is mandatory. But it does help us to understand you better. Your phone number can help us if a delivery driver is finding it hard to track down your address.
HOW WE PROCESS AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
As part of our community, you matter to us. We want to take care of you, because then, you’ll take care of us. Whenever you buy something or shop somewhere, you’re entering into a contract. We’re no different. But it’s nothing to be worried about. We also need it to check it’s really you. So, we use this information to verify you’re a genuine customer, not someone with mischief in mind.
At Skins & Needles, we like to keep you up-to-date with all the latest news. Data protection laws considers contacting clients for direct marketing to be a legitimate action for the business. So that’s what we’re going to do. But we do understand that you might not be quite as thrilled about that as us, so if you lose interest in us you can always unsubscribe from any communications. We’ll miss you, but we know that everyone has to walk their own path. Just remember that once you have, we won’t be able to contact you. Simply unsubscribe using the link in our emails or, if you have any questions, email us at email@example.com
SHARING DATA WITH OTHERS
We also use social media platforms from time to time for advertising purposes, as do our carefully selected partners mentioned above.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
As far as we’re concerned, if you keep coming back and shopping with us, you’re a member of our community, meaning we’ll keep track of the story you tell through the products you buy. Keeping track of the story you write with us will help us get speedy answers to any questions about your orders and will also help us with the slightly more tedious (but vitally important) legal or audit processes that we are required to complete on occasion.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
As a customer you have a legal right to access any of the personal information that we hold on you. Any request will be dealt with as quickly as possible, and always within 30 days. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your request “subject access request” and provide your name, address and email address, and we will get back to you as swiftly as possible.
You can ask us to stop processing your data any time you like. Just get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com if you want us to delete, stop or adjust any part of our processing. As long as it’s legal and we’re able to, we will act immediately.
Definitions and interpretation
Data – collectively all information that you submit to Linthorpe Evolution Ltd and Salvins Sole Trader via the Website or throughout the business. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies – a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws – any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR – the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2018
Linthorpe Evolution Ltd and Salvins Sole Trader, we, our or us – Linthorpe Evolution Ltd and Salvins Sole Trader, a company incorporated in England based at 170-172 and 176 Linthorpe Road, Teesside, TS1 3RB;
UK and EU Cookie Law – the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you – any third party that uses the services or accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Linthorpe Evolution Ltd and Salvins Sole Trader and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Linthorpe Evolution Ltd and Salvins Sole Trader and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website – the website ‘skinsandneedlesapparel.co.uk’, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Services –any interactions with the businesses owned by Linthorpe Evolution Ltd and Salvins Sole Trader.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Linthorpe Evolution Ltd and Salvins Sole Trader is the “data controller”. This means that Linthorpe Evolution Ltd and Salvins Sole Trader determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data via our services and the website, which includes personal Data, from you:
- demographic information such as, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- email address
- phone number
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you;
- data is received from other sources; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Linthorpe Evolution Ltd and Salvins Sole Trader will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- via consent forms required to be filled out prior to an appointment
Data that is received from publicly available third parties’ sources
- We will receive Data about you from the following publicly available third-party sources:
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our services and Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- PayL8r (payl8r.com) who are a third party company that provide a finance option to our customers. Data will only be shared if this option is chosen and is limited to name, address, number and email address.
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- any data shared with any third party is done so with high levels of security and compliance with the GDPR.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Linthorpe Evolution Ltd and Salvins Sole Trader to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie – Analytical/performance cookies
Purpose – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
Analytical/performance – We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
Description of Cookie – Google Analytics Tracking Code
Purpose – We use this cookie to analyse how users use the website and make routine improvements to the site.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Linthorpe Evolution Ltd and Salvins Sole Trader by email at firstname.lastname@example.org